– Larry Fitzgerald, a football legend, to boost hometown team: The former Pitt Panthers and Arizona Cardinals great will be at Game 3 of the Phillies-Diamondbacks series to rally his hometown team.
– Pro Football Hall of Famer's pitch: Larry Fitzgerald will throw out the first pitch at Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona, to ignite the Diamondbacks in the National League Championship Series.
– Stellar college career: Fitzgerald made history at Pitt, setting school records for single-season receiving yards and career receiving touchdowns. He came close to winning the Heisman Trophy.
– NFL greatness: In the NFL, Fitzgerald ranks second all-time in receiving yards and sixth in career touchdowns, showcasing his enduring excellence.
– Diamondbacks seek offensive spark: The Diamondbacks, blanked in Game 2, turn to one of the most prolific weapons in NFL history, Larry Fitzgerald, to boost their offense.
– Hometown hero: Fitzgerald's connection to Arizona, both in college and the NFL, makes him a beloved figure in the state and a natural choice for this ceremonial pitch.
– Pitt Panthers legacy: Fitzgerald's impact at Pitt still resonates, as he's among the all-time greats in the program's history.
– Cardinals legend: Larry Fitzgerald's entire NFL career was spent with the Arizona Cardinals, solidifying his legacy in the state.